According to the WordPress Codex, “A child theme is a theme that inherits the functionality and styling of another theme, called the parent theme.” You can find more information about childthemes in the Ultimate Divi Child Themes Guide.
Divi Life has premium Child Themes with a lot of customizations ready to use into your projects. You can find the Child Theme for your needs here.
Step 1: Preparing the installation
1. We recommend for Divi Child Themes installations do it into a clean WordPress installation.
Some customizations from other Child Themes could affect the final result.
2. Make sure Divi Theme is installed and updated in your WordPress installation.
3. Child Themes may ask you to install other plugins. This process is automatic, so you don’t need to install them manually.
Step 2: Installing Divi Life Premium Child Theme
Download the Premium Child Theme of your choice from the Divi Life Customer Portal. The file you download from your Divi Life Customer Portal should be a zip file
1. Upload the Child Theme as a new theme in Appearance > Themes > Upload New Theme
2. Activate it.
3. A new item will appear with the name of the Child Theme at the left sidebar on your WordPress dashboard. Click there.
4. Impor Demo Data/Content